Armoured horizontal pump with mechanical seal
The armoured pumps of the Munsch CS series are designed to meet chemical process industry standards and are ideally suited to the safe pumping of fluids posing an environmental or health hazard such as acids, alkalis, solvents and chemically contaminated fluids in the presence or absence of solids. The series has been specifically developed for applications in which the use of magnetically coupled pumps is not advisable or undesirable because of the tough service environment.
Typical applications include the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, electrolysis plants, electroplating plants and metal finishing industries
The CS range includes the metal free Munsch REA mechanical seal, specifically developed for non-metallic pumps to ensures maximum operating reliability and a long service life while being easy to assemble and repair. Models are available with either a single or double seal and offer easy conversion.
Ceramic components and a variety of flushing options make the pumps suitable for applications involving high solid loads.
Standardized chemical pump, process pump design with dimensions to EN 22858/ISO 2858 and ISO 5199
The CS Series of pumps meet the requirements of EU Directive 2014/24/EU for use in explosion hazard zones.
- Pump capacity: up to 200 m³/h
- Total differential head: up to 90 m
- Operating temperature [t]: -20°C to +180 °C
- Operating pressure [p]: up to 16 bar
- Solids content: up to 5 Vol.-%
- Particle size: up to 5 mm
- Diameter of discharge nozzle: DN 25 up to DN 65
- Drive rating [P]: up to 30 kW
Features and Benefits
- Impeller types: closed, semi-open or vortex designs
- Quick and precise pump assembly, no adjustment or alignment work needed for the mechanical seal
- One mechanical seal fits all pump types
- Flexible flushing connections that can be retrofitted at any time
- Suitable for applications with high solid load through ceramic components and a variety of flushing options
- Wetted parts available in thick-walled polypropylene, PVDF or universally chemically resistant PFA
- Main material: Polypropylene, PVDF or PFA
- Impeller: closed, half-open and vortex (depending on size)
- Shaft seal: Munsch REA mechanical seal, single and double seal options
- Bearings: Silicon carbide
- Spacer can: PFA
- Temperature monitoring
- Various flushing options
- Casing drain