Spiral Wound Chemical Storage Tanks Manufactured in High-Density Polyethylene and Polypropylene
Developed in partnership with Cambridge University in the early 90’s and continuously improving our spiral wound manufacturing method creates the highest quality, market-leading chemical storage tanks. Capable of safely storing chemicals ranging from weakly acidic/alkaline, up to those which are highly oxidising such as 96% Sulphuric Acid or 15% Sodium Hypochlorite.
We have the capacity to manufacture vessels up to 4.3m in diameter and 130,000l capacity, following the current market trend for larger capacity tanks for bulk chemical storage. Every chemical storage tank we design meets our customers exact requirements and conforms to the British and European standard BS EN 12573: 2000 ‘Welded static non-pressurized thermoplastic tanks’.
We specialise in using thermoplastics due to their inert nature when dealing with some of the most aggressive chemicals. Specifically, we use Corrosion Resistant Polypropylene and High-Density Polyethylene (PE100-RC).
We are also able to provide full Turnkey Project Services including delivery and site installation and a broad range of Valves, Pumps and Controls and ChemiGuard Pressurised Offloading Cabinets and Pumped Offloading Cabinets and Dosing Cabinets for safe fluid transfer.
Chemical Storage Tanks Advantages:
- A broad range of chemical resistance
- Corrosion resistance both internally and externally
- The ability to specify a chemical tank design life with unlimited fill and empty cycles
- Lightweight chemical tank construction leading to reduced installation costs
- Resistance to stress cracking (PE100-RC)
Chemical Storage Tanks Available additional features:
- Flat, Sloping and Coned base construction
- Heating, insulation and cladding
- Integrated safety bunds, an alternative to lined concrete bunds
- Rain-skirt for external siting
- Improved access options: including ladderwork, handrails and roof strengthening
- Recirculation systems
CHEMICAL STORAGE TANKS ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
- We manufacture chemical storage tanks ranging from 800mm to 4300mm in diameter
- Our chemical storage tanks are built to exact specifications, with volumes up to 130,000 litres in capacity
- Using our Spiral Wound manufacturing technique our chemical storage tank solutions have wall thicknesses up to 140mm.
- Beige Polypropylene (RAL 7032)
- Black, High-Density Polyethylene (RAL 9055)
- Any RAL colour can be chosen to enable the provision of chemical storage tanks to suit the surroundings or planning requirements (additional costs may apply)
Some of the many chemicals stored in Chem Resist chemical storage tanks are:
- Sulphuric acid
- Hydrochloric acid
- Hydrofluoric acid
- Nitric acid
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Sodium hydroxide
- Ammonia solution
- Ferric sulphate and chloride
- Aluminium sulphate
- Salt solutions
- Interconnecting Ductwork
- Gas Scrubber: for Fuming Chemicals
- ChemiGuard Tanker Offload Cabinet: Increasing Safety During Offload (Available as Pressurised and Pumped)
- Chemical Fill Pipework
- ChemiGuard Pump Enclosure: Providing Safe Chemical Transfer
- Secondary Containment Bund
- Level Instrumentation (Radar, Level Switches, Cat & Mouse)
- Roof Access Ladders and Perimeter Handrails
Hydrofluoric Acid Storage & Dilution System
Project to design, manufacture, install and commission a fully automated Hydrofluoric Acid storage and dilution system for Gower Chemicals
Self-Bunded Storage Tank Replacement Project
Replace existing Caustic, Hydrochloric Acid & Sulphuric Acid Storage Tanks with new Chem Resist Spiral Wound High Density Polyethylene Technology Tanks for London Waste
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
If you have a technical specification available, please complete our technical quotation form and we will be able to provide you with an accurate quote.
Download the white paper:
“THE CHEMICAL STORAGE CARBON FOOTPRINT”
If you’re interested in learning more about Chemical Storage tanks manufactured using the Spiral Wound method – how they can be used to benefit your organisation and the environment when compared to the alternatives – download our white paper to learn more about the carbon footprint of chemical storage.
Prepared by Chem Resist Sales Director Gary Smith and Technical Manager Stephen Menzer, the white paper breaks down both the business and environmental case for spiral wound manufacturing.