Tanks manufactured in High-Density Polyethylene and Polypropylene
Many manufacturing processes follow a linear production including metal processing, stainless steel strip cleaning and wire manufacture which demand a tank to fit the process flow. We can manufacture rectangular plastic chemical process tanks to your exact requirements and help to maximise your production efficiency.
A simple rectangular tank can also be used as a secondary containment bund to contain vessels, pumps and pipework and provide a complete spill resistant solution.
We are also happy to share our years of technical expertise and experience in industrial processes, transferring and storing chemicals to help you through the design and specification stages. We can produce rectangular tanks to any dimension and every tank we design and manufacture conforms to the British and European standard BS EN 12573: 2000 ‘Welded static non-pressurized thermoplastic tanks’.
Typically, these processes involve corrosive solutions at elevated temperatures, reinforcing the importance of chemical resistance. We specialise in using thermoplastics due to their inert nature when dealing with some of the most aggressive chemicals. Specifically, we use Corrosion Resistant Polypropylene and High-Density Polyethylene (PE100-RC).
We are also able to provide full project services including delivery and site-installation, a broad range of valving, pumps, controls, ChemiGuard Offloading and Dosing cabinets and Pipework Solutions for safe fluid transfer.
- A broad range of chemical resistance
- Corrosion resistance both internally and externally
- The ability to specify a tank design life with unlimited fill and empty cycles
- Lightweight tank construction leading to reduced installation costs
- Resistance to stress cracking (PE100-RC)
Available additional features:
- Flat or Sloping base construction
- Cladding of supporting steelwork
- Improved access options: including ladderwork, handrails and roof strengthening
- Recirculation systems
- Fume extraction and scrubbing
about our chemical process tanks
- Our plastic chemical process tanks range from 800mm to 4300mm in diameter
- Capacities up to 130,000 litres
- Wall thicknesses up to 140mm.
- Beige Polypropylene (RAL 7032) – (links to pages in tech resources)
- Black, High-Density Polyethylene (RAL 9055) – (links to pages in tech resources)
- Any RAL colour can be chosen to enable the provision of chemical storage tanks to suit the surroundings or planning requirements (additional costs may apply)
Some of the many chemicals stored in Chem Resist chemical storage tanks are;
- Sulphuric acid
- Hydrochloric acid
- Hydrofluoric acid
- Nitric acid
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Sodium hydroxide
- Ammonia solution
- Ferric sulphate and chloride
- Aluminium sulphate
- Salt solutions
- Interconnecting ductwork
- Gas scrubber for fuming chemicals
- ChemiGuard offloading and dosing cabinets
- Roof access ladders and perimeter handrails
- Level instrumentation
- Secondary containment bund
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
If you have a technical specification available, please complete our technical quotation form and we will be able to provide you with an accurate quote.
Download the white paper:
“THE CHEMICAL STORAGE CARBON FOOTPRINT”
If you’re interested in learning more about Chemical Storage tanks manufactured using the Spiral Wound method – how they can be used to benefit your organisation and the environment when compared to the alternatives – download our white paper to learn more about the carbon footprint of chemical storage.
Prepared by Chem Resist Sales Director Gary Smith and Technical Manager Stephen Menzer, the white paper breaks down both the business and environmental case for spiral wound manufacturing.