MM Series air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pumps have specifically designed to meet the strict standards, regulations and operational requirements that govern the food and beverage industry thanks to their use of food-grade wetted materials and a construction that provides easy cleaning.
Additionally, MM Series pumps also feature soft redirections without rotating parts and shaft seals in the product chamber. This design feature, when combined with the pump’s gentle displacement principle, results in a pumping solution that is ideally suited for a wide variety of food and beverage applications.
The MM Series’ housing is made from stainless steel 1.4404 (SS316L) and the pump’s wetted surfaces are available with a surface roughness of max. 3.2 µm. An optional version with a surface roughness of 0.8 µm is also available.
The MM Series’ materials and design enable clean-in-place (CIP) and sanitize-in-place (SIP) capability. All the pump’s materials comply with the hygienic standards of the FDA, and pumps equipped with PTFE diaphragms and ball valves also comply with
EC1935/2004. In addition, the pumps are ATEX conforming according to the 2014/34/EU directive.
The pump is also available with different hygienic manifold options. Inlet and outlet orientation can easily be adjusted between “U-Shape” (inlet and outlet on the same side) and “Z-Shape” (inlet and outlet at opposite side). The connection options are:
- Code A1 - Screwed aseptic pipe connection (DIN 11864-1)
- Code A2 - Aseptic flange (DIN 11864-2)
- Code A3 - Aseptic clamp pipe connection (DIN 11864-3)
- Code M - Milk pipe connection (DIN 11851)
- Code T - Tri-Clamp connection (DIN 32676)
- Code S - Open butt-welding end (small and easy to adapt)
The three pump sizes – MM 15, MM 25 and MM 40 – achieve maximum capacities of 3.5 / 9.2 / 20 m³/h with a maximum discharge pressure up to 7 bar (100 psig).
Short-term temperature range up to 130 °C (266 °F) for cleaning processes is possible.
- Transfer and filling of beverages, sauces & toppings etc.
- Dosing of food and beverage ingredients
- Processing of meat, pastry and dough, smoothies, fruit pulp, candies
- Transfer and filling of cosmetics
The features of the MM Series at a glance:
- Air-operated double-diaphragm pump available in three sizes: ½”, 1”, 1 ½”
- Stainless-steel machined housings SS316L, surface finishing grade 3.2 µm (0.8 µm as option)
- Easy to clean (CIP/SIP capability) due to smooth and steady product channels
- Low shear fluid transfer including solid handling
- Material conformity to FDA, EC1935 and ATEX
- Different hygienic manifold options
- Good suction head, self-priming and dry run capabilities
- Easy disassembly of the fluid path
- PTFE and EPDM diaphragm and ball valves, wear parts compatible with other Almatec pumps
- Stroke counting and diaphragm monitoring available as accessories
Read a PDF giving more details.
For more information contact:
+44 1924 499466