Armoured centrifugal mechanically sealed pumps
The NPC-Mammut is the biggest plastic chemical pump world-wide and designed for highest demands. Its robust design with strong wall-thicknesses at superior energy efficiency and with optimized suction performance make the NPC-Mammut be the solution for extreme tasks like big exhaust-gas scrubbers. The Mammut’s performance is unequalled in applications with corrosive and solid-loaded media at flows of 1000 m³/h up to 5000 m³/h and high delivery heads.
The NPC-Mammut is being used when acids, brines or chemically loaded media with or without solids are supposed to be pumped. Typical applications are the chemical industry, metallurgy, galvanic industry, steel and stainless-steel pickling plants, evaporation- and regeneration plants, gas cleaning after waste incineration as well as exhaust air cleaning and waste water treatment
The NPC-Mammut process pump is equipped with double mechanical seals. Ceramic components and a variety of flushing options allow the pump to operate with highly polluted media. A specially constructed separator keeps solids from passing into the shaft area. The casing also has high abrasion tolerance and the volute casing has wall thickness > 30 mm
NPC-Mammut pumps meet the requirements of EU-guideline 2014/34/EU and are suitable for the use in areas exposed to explosion hazards.
- Pump capacity: 1000 m³/h up to 5000m³/h
- Total differential head: up to 100m
- Operating Temperature: 0°C up to +100 °C
- Solids concentration: up to 10% by vol.
- Particle size: up to 15 mm
- Motor rating: up to 1MW
Features and Benefits
- Designed for applications with corrosive and solid-loaded media at flows of 1000 m³/h up to 5000 m³/h and high delivery heads
- Manufactured in materials to give virtually universal resistance
- Cast iron armour and synthetic pump casing withstand pressures of up to 10 bar
- Volute casing has wall thickness of 30mm
- Impeller designed to give high efficiency through low NPSH requirements
- During testing safe rotation in the wrong direction as the impeller is fixed to the shaft
- Quick and precise pump assembly, no adjustment or alignment work needed for the mechanical seal