Horizontal close coupled pump with mechanical seal
The Munsch NP-B series are designed to meet chemical process industry standards and are ideally suited to the safe pumping of fluids posing an environmental or health hazard such as acids, alkalis, solvents and chemically contaminated fluids in the presence or absence of solids. The series has been specifically developed for applications in demanding tough service environments.
Typical applications include the chemical and metal finishing industries, steel and stainless-steel pickling lines, evaporation and regeneration units, flue gas scrubbing downstream of waste incinerators as well as exhaust air cleaning and scrubber effluent treatment.
The NP-B range includes the metal free Munsch REA Mechanical seal, specifically developed for non-metallic pumps to ensures maximum operating reliability and a long service life while being easy to assemble and repair. Models are available with either a single or double seal and offer easy conversion.
Ceramic components and a variety of flushing options make the pumps suitable for applications involving high solid loads.
Horizontal centrifugal pump, process pump design; casing and fitting dimensions to EN 22858/ISO 2858; complemented by size 40-25-160 and 40-25-160
The NP-B Series pumps meet the requirements of EU Directive No 94/9/EG for use in explosion hazard zones.
- Pump capacity: up to 200 m³/h
- Total differential head: up to 80 m
- Operating temperature [t]: -20°C up to +110 °C
- Operating pressure [p]: up to 10 bar
- Diameter of discharge nozzle: DN 25 up to DN 65
- Motor sizes up to 11KW
Features and Benefits
- Robust metal armour accommodates all allowable system pressures and piping loads
- Impeller types: closed or semi-open
- Back pull-out design
- Quick and precise pump assembly, no adjustment or alignment work needed for the mechanical seal
- Flexible flushing connections that can be retrofitted at any time
- Suitable for applications with high solid load through ceramic components and a variety of flushing options
- Optimum seal chamber geometry without dead flow pockets ensures continuous liquid movement
- Main material: Polypropylene, PE-UHMW and PVDF
- Impeller: Polypropylene, PE-UHMW and PVDF
- Shaft: Steel (plastic coated)
- Mechanical seal: Silicon carbide
- Base plate
- Levelling elements for installation of base plates without foundation
- Priming tank
- Motor overload switch