SULPHURIC ACID COOLING
The development of an Acid Cooling System was primarily driven by customers in the Industrial and Automotive Battery manufacturing industry.
The filling of batteries with Sulphuric Acid in high ambient summer temperatures causes fast rates of in-battery reaction with evolution of corrosive fumes and distortion of the plastic battery casing.
The in-line Polyethylene Cooling Unit would typically reduce ambient temperatures of 35ºC to a filling temperature of 0ºC - thereby reducing reaction rates and eliminating distortion of the battery casing. This allows faster filling of batteries without the evolution of corrosive fumes and prevents jamming of battery conveyor systems causing production down time.
The all-plastic In-line Acid Cooling system uses the plastic heat exchanger technology Chem Resist developed for its Acid Dilution systems in combination with a conventional chiller unit. The units offer the following benefits:-
- All corrosion resistant plastic construction
- Compact design in a range of models
- Cooling capacities up to 100 l/min (25 US Gal/min)
- The in-line energy-saving design cools only the acid to be filled and not the stored acid
- Eliminates corrosive fuming damage to people and plant
- Speeds production by reducing conveyor jams and downtime